Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a Week!

Last week was so crazy that I didn't write. I didn't read. I just made it through the week.

Today my last house guests departed and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. (Note to self: next year spend Memorial Day weekend without guests.) Carl's mom visited Monday through Wendesday, so I didn't post any blog entries. I feel rude when I bury my face behind my laptop screen and tap tap tap the keyboard when people visit, especially out-of-town guests. Besides, I wouldn't want my mother-in-law to know think that I sit on my butt writing while her son works hard for the money.

As this week progresses I plan to post entries about:
  • my natural-gas-leak scare
  • Katie's and Hailey's awards assembly, as compared to...
  • Hannah's quarterly progress report
  • a two-night visit by Carl's extremely-neat-and-clean sister and two kids and consequently...
  • my love-hate relationship with living nearly three hours away from family and...
  • what is the yardstick for your life?

I feel a rant coming on, so I'll stop there. I'm reeling from sharing my house with in-laws for the last week and need to get my bearings. Tonight I'm going into veg mode.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Sometimes it just freaks me out how parallel our lives run. The quarterly report...? chin up, my friend. Can't WAIT to read all the updates, and participate in the "yardstick of your life." (I've been thinking about a values-related post myself!)
xoxox

Unknown said...

hi there,

glad you got your space back to yourself again. i know what you mean.

i am most curious about the yardstick for your life. i want to know more. enlighten me dear :)

welcome back to your life without visitors :)

kathleenybeany

Unknown said...

opps, one more thing. thanks for the dear comment on my bloggy. you are a sweetie. thanks, you made me smile :)

Angela said...

Laurie: going a week without a blog entry has thoughts banging around in my head, competing for first place. I'm a journal-er at heart. Yardsticks, quarterly reports, family...AAAAAHHHHHHCCCCKKK!

Kathleen: I'm unexpectedly, extremely glad to have my home back to myself. Thank you for continuing to stop in.

xxxxoooo to both of you.