Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Healing Summer




BROKEN [broh-kuhn]
out of order, broken down, not working, busted, kaput, conked out, wrecked, had it, shattered, cracked, smashed, damaged, ruined, destroyed, defeated, dejected, crushed, dispirited, without hope

HEAL [heel]
cure, restore to health, make well, nurse back to health, mend, repair, make good, settle, patch up, reconcile, set right, restore, rebuild

-----------------------------------------------------------



Summer provides me a better opportunity than January 1 to start anew, to gently move my life along a fresh path. One previous year I felt led to have a "hidden summer" during which I spent much time in seclusion (as much as I could get with three children and a husband), renewing my spirit and focusing on my priorities.

Summer 2008 will be The Healing Summer.

In the past these themes have taken on lives of their own and this year promises the same. For example, hiding can effect many aspects of life and can be both good and bad. Healing can be physical, mental or spiritual. I've already discovered pieces of my life to heal, parts that I didn't realize were broken, wounds that were scabbed over but not yet scarred.

What elements of your life need healing?


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Apparently, my ability to focus objectively is broken. Because I'm not sure what all is broken. I think I'm safe in citing my pot belly, however.

Angela said...

You have me laughing with that one. I needed some comic relief.

Anonymous said...

Physical healing I would say. Laughter is the best medicine...I hope summer break is an inspiring respite from the school year!