Saturday, May 17, 2008

WONDER WOMAN!

I don't know if it's the regular excercise I've accomplished playing Wii tennis, sleeping unbelievably well (with a little help from a prescription...and the exercise), or being in the sunshine, but today I felt like a new person. I slept in and slept HARD until 9:30 this morning, something I don't recall doing since Katie was born. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration. When I awoke I felt refreshed rather than my usual slept-on-a-corncob-mattress-after-being-heavily-sedated morning feeling.

As a result of this unexpected energy, I bought groceries. When I arrived home I cleaned the strawberries, peeled and chopped the cucumber, prepared the canteloupe, then cleaned out the refrigerator to make room for the groceries, which I unloaded and put away. I know most women do that much every day, but that amount of work usually takes me two days and help from my family.

And that's not all. After I ate lunch, I cleaned up the kitchen and still had energy. Again, nothing for the average woman, but I felt like WONDER WOMAN!





Maybe Wonder Woman with a Komperdell cane and a Hoveround, but still WONDER WOMAN.

And that is still not all. Next I washed the Tahoe, Armoralled the running boards, scrubbed the raised-white-lettering on the tires with Comet, cleaned the insides of the Tahoe doors and wiped the entire vehicle dry. I even washed the windows.

Finally, I came inside to kick Carl's butt at Wii tennis. Actually, we're well-matched, so we both won a few matches. Afterwards I took a hot, soaking bath and crawled into bed with my computer to write, after which I hope for another deep sleep.

Today I glimpsed a bit of the girl who has been taken by RA. I miss her. I love her. I hope she comes around more often.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awh this is awesome.

good for you!! :)

Laurie said...

WOW. You look HOT.

Angela said...

Kathleen: Thanks! It felt awesome.

Laurie: I've been workin' at it--can you tell?

Tara R. said...

That is fabulous! I couldn't have done all that in one day. I got tired just reading it.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am glad you had a good day! Ya, I second tara...you wore me out just reading it!