Friday, February 8, 2008

What Biopsy???

Dear Pop: If you are reading this before I call you, I apologize. You will be the first one I call at 2:00 today.

I posted somewhere on this blog about my two separate trips to the emergency room caused by my getting medicine lodged in my throat. During the second trip they put me under in order to move an aspirin (yes, a little aspirin) on down to my stomach. The doctor scheduled a follow-up appointment for me in late January, which I promptly ignored.

A few days later I received a phone call from his office to reschedule the appointment. Ok. Ok. I agreed to see him today at 1:00, but didn't write that down anywhere except inside my unaccountable mind.

This morning I called his office. "Hi. I'm Angela Solomon. Do I have an appointment today?"

Without hesitation the lady on the other end of the line said, "Yes you do."

I actually said, "Wow, you recognize my name??? What time is my appointment?" After she looked that up (evidently she didn't have the entire day memorized) I asked her, "Do I really need to see the doctor? I'm feeling fine."

She replied, "Yes, the doctor needs to see you. In fact, when you missed your first appointment he asked about you and requested that we make sure to get you in."

"Oh." I was starting to get a funny feeling about all of this.

She continued, "It seems there was something wrong with the biopsy."

Biopsy? What biopsy? I didn't know they did a biopsy! A biopsy of what?!! Scar tissue? God forbid...a tumor??? My imagination is now effectively in overdrive. No, make that super sonic warp speed beam-me-up-Scotty-drive.

My day has made a sudden U-turn. Carl and Hannah are taking me to see the doctor I had orignally planned to ditch. Carl's presence alone gives this whole experience a surreal quality. This is the same Carl who attended zero--ZERO--prenatal visits and instead allowed me to take my small children to said gyno appointments. Can you imagine what a 2-year-old does during a routine, um, physical prenatal exam when she gets bored?

But, I've gotten off-topic. I'm obviously trying to distract myself. I'm going to sign off here asking for prayers...prayers that peace replaces this flurry of flapping butterfly wings in my gut.

4 comments:

Just Do It Posterchild said...

I'm praying!!!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I'm praying! Please keep us posted.

Tonya

Angela said...

Thanks guys! Update coming momentarily.

Love to all,
Angela

Megan said...

I'm praying!!
Megan