Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Smokin'!

I've tagged this entry as "Dandy-Walker" just because it involves Hannah, though it's not particularly Dandy-Walker oriented. My dandy-girl still makes me smile!

Tonight I let loose the eighties girl in me and listened to Boston's Smokin'. OK, so that's seventies. Sue me. Hannah immediately started playing her air guitar & shake-shake-shakin' it, which makes me laugh every time. (thank you, Sheri, for giving Hannah her air guitar roots).

In mid-song I said, "Hannah, can you close the curtain for me, please?"

She stopped, put one air-guitar finger in the air and said, "Mmmm, faking. (Hmmm, I'm thinking)." Pause. "Naaah. 'mbizzy (No, I'm busy)", after which she immediately resumed jammin' on her air guitar...to these lyrics:

Smokin, smokin
We're cookin' tonight
Just keep on tokin'

Holy cow--I'm really mother of the year. I sincerely didn't know the lyrics until just now, when I looked them up online in order to post them. I won't let my kids watch Sponge Bob, but I'll crank Boston.

Rock on!

3 comments:

Just Do It Posterchild said...

We really are showing our age with music!!!!! Mother of the Year...you get my vote even with the tokin' reference!!!!

Love ya,
Sheri :)

Angela said...

I know with the age thing!

Thanks for the vote. I'll take all the votes I can get, and my name isn't even Hillary!

yuk, yuk, yuk,

Angela

Unknown said...

adorable!

i love the 70s and 80s music. i love just about anykind of music! hilarious when you find out the true lyrics to a verse you have loved and sung along with for years and you find out how wrong you were.

okay, i'm outa here. had fun visiting you and your bloggy tonight. best, kathleen :)