Monday, December 10, 2007

Hannah Dumped my Hard Drive

It's gone. Erased. Everything. I might as well have a brand new computer.

No, I don't know how she did it. Yes, I'm sure it was Hannah. I shut my computer completely off last night. This morning it was on, via Hannah.

I have my suspicions. For about four seconds when the computer boots up, it has a message that says "Press F11 for recovery." I'm pretty sure that if you press F11, it prompts you to back everything up, then does exactly what mine did. On my computer the F11 key is near the "on" button, which is near the "enter" key...which is evidently a recipe for disaster.

Fortunately, I have backed up recently. By "recently," I mean I backed up more frequently than I did just before the crash of April 2006...which was never. I think the last time I backed up was in...October maybe???

I can re-enter business bookwork. God knows I have practice with that (the crash of 2006). But I'm sick about the pictures. I had some cute video that I could never figure out how to get onto a disc...gone.

Well, I've cried. I've felt sorry for myself. Now I guess I need to get to work.

Oh...can you please e-mail me? I've lost all of my e-mail addresses. I don't want to post my wave wireless e-mail address, but if you have it, please use it. If not, e-mail me at solomongirls@yahoo.com.

No comments: