Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Aftermath of War

It is a winter wonderland here. Ice everywhere. The branches behind Hailey usually hang far above our heads, but the ice has pulled them to the ground. It's beautiful, but destructive...




As you can see, some large limbs fell yesterday, causing quite a bit of damage. When limbs hit the roof, we all scrambled as if we knew where in the house to find safety. Even the smaller limbs sounded HUGE when hitting the roof. Notice our new gutters in the background. Bummer.



As the limbs fell, I thought, "Well, one good thing should come out of all of this. That huge, dead branch will finally fall without Carl's attention." I've posted a picture below of the very branch. Though difficult to tell in the photo, the dead branch doesn't even appear weakened while resting on our phone line. I guess Carl will have to get the chain saw out this spring after all.



The worst of the storm is over according to the weatherman. Later this week we'll be dragging limbs to the curb and calling the insurance company. Today, as it rains and remains basically bleak outside, we'll remain inside enjoying a snow day at home.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Now we have a muddy mess!! I can't beleive how a beautiful iced over town can turn into a huge ugly muddy mess overnight!! Well it was pretty while it lasted. I am hoping for snow next.
Love
megan

Angela said...

No Kidding! One more large limb has fallen on and broken one more section of our fence since I took these pictures.
I don't know about the snow, though. Actually...I'm hoping for sunny and 85 next! :) I'm just glad to have POWER! A friend borrowed our generator yesterday because they still don't have electricity. Yuck.
Love,
Ange