Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Rheumatoid Factor: Pros & Cons of Chronic Illness

First, a little point of information: Most people with rheumatoid arthritis are given a blood test, one of MANY, to see if they test positive for a "rheumatoid factor." Hence, the name of my supposedly-on-Mondays posts...and here it is Thursday.


THE PROS:

1. Handicap parking...especially during the holidays

2. People's expectations of me are lower

3. I have a legitimate excuse for just about anything



THE CONS:

1. Pain, fatigue, brain fog...and did I mention pain?

2. I feel particularly vulnerable in icy weather

3. People's expectations of me are lower


That's it for today...soooo much to do (I'm sure I'm the only one): 5th grade Christmas party, rewrite everything on my calendar that has been rescheduled due to ice storm (preferably before brain fog erases it from brain), plan supper (read: plan pizza order), buy last-minute Christmas gifts, reinstall ALL my software onto my now-blank hard drive, Thursday piano lessons, deposit birthday checks from September,...

FIRST, though: ensure all ingredients are available for killer margaritas.

No comments: