Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sticker Shock

I purchased a new Sealy Posturpedic king-size euro-pillow-top mattress with low profile ("low profile" so I don't need a step ladder to climb into bed) box springs Saturday. YIKES!!! I practically needed a home equity loan to pay for the thing. I negotiated a small fortune off of the price, my first-ever attempt at negotiating.

My sister-in-law, Stacey, is an accomplished price negotiator. Through my entire negotiating process I kept repeating to myself, "I am Stacey. I am Stacey." When I told her this, she laughed and asked, "Didn't you love it?"

"No. I hated every minute of it." I considered it a close second to receiving a Humira injection.

I have a question for you. What would you expect to pay for a Sealy Posturpedic king-size euro-pillow-top mattress with low profile box springs? If you have the time, please post an answer as a "comment." Unfortunately, the two people who read my blog already know what I paid. If I have any surprise readers, I hope to hear from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea-just a guess of $1850.00. Thank you for your blog!! I love reading it. I check daily to see if you have posted anything new. Thanks so much!

Tonya

Laurie said...

OK! I give up! How much? and did you get a deal?