Tuesday, November 6, 2007

AAHHHH. Tuesday Tranquility

Tuesday mornings are the absolute best here.

Carl takes Fridays off, or if he does work, he works at home where he can pinch hit with the kids. Hannah has no preschool Fridays. That, combined with the constant companionship of the weekend, usually including neighborhood children, leaves me relationship-saturated by Monday morning. On Mondays Liz cleans my house, thank God, because we are slobs. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true.

Tuesdays are bliss. My house is still basically clean (though we've had 24 hours to mess with perfection) and I practically shove my children and husband out the door so I can enjoy 2-3 hours of silence. Alone. In my own home.

However, I have a quandary: what do I do with my time? Because I'm evidently incapable of planning and preparing more than 24 hours in advance, I have yet to map out the perfect Tuesday morning. Therefore, I often spend a chunk of time wandering aimlessly, trying to decide what to do. Do I finish housework? Do I complete bookwork, which is much more easily accomplished without interruption? Do I read? Do I pray (the big "should")? Do I talk on the phone?

Do I have a hobby? What do I enjoy? Eleven years of parenthood wrapped in fourteen years of marriage have left me at a loss for answers to those questions. It's not that I don't have anything to do, believe me. It's the choosing.

Today I've chosen blogging. If this is the most difficult decision I have to make today, I'm one blessed woman.

Shhh. Hear that? (dead silence). That's a little slice of heaven.

No comments: