Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Things Never Change, Yet They're Always Changing

Is it really Wednesday already? What creative writing energy I have has been directed towards completing an entry in the Guideposts Magazine Writers Workshop contest, postmark required by June 24. I'm doing a revision on my "You've Come a Long Way, Big Girl" blog entry. I didn't realize how much I had taken for granted that people knew the characters in my blog. I'm having difficulty in the revision.

So, to keep this blog current, I'm going with a bulleted entry.

  • We are now the proud owners of a 2008 Hyundai Sonata
  • A tire went flat as I drove it home
  • The car has been returned to the dealership to detail it, fix the flat & windshield
  • I can buy a lot of gas with the money I spent on the car
  • Enough about money
  • We're going to Silver Dollar City this Friday (OK--money there, too)
  • We're leaving Hannah all day with a new babysitter
  • The babysitter has a sibling with Down's Syndrome
  • I contacted a friend of 20 years that I had lost touch with for 2 of the 20
  • I told you it would be a healing summer
  • My mother-in-law visited again this past Monday and Tuesday.

You know I haven't been in blogging mode when I didn't blog about getting a flat tire in a brand-new-to-me car before I even parked it in my driveway.

  • Compared to driving a Tahoe, a Hyandai makes me feel like my butt is dragging on the highway
  • Carl has diverted from the "Building Project" to build a HUGE critter pen
  • And making home brew

Things never change, yet they're always changing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how is the healing summer going? blessings, kathleen

Angela said...

Kathleen: As you know, I turned your question into a blog entry. Thanks for asking!