Thursday, May 1, 2008

Landscaping "Before" Photos

Wonderworker Extraordinaire (my mom) will be spending the weekend with us, a visit during which we hope to tackle the front flower bed. At the very least we will draw a plan. Hopefully we will even plant a few shrubs.

Mom: Here are the pics you requested. I'm embarassed to post this ugliness for all the world to see, but all the world doesn't visit my blog. I'm safe.




This photo is basically useless, but it gives you a little idea of scale...and a shot of Hannah Savannah. Oh--the space between the south end of the porch and the south (yes, south...what was I thinking?) end of the window pictured above measures 12' 8".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More shots of Hannah...



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I wish you could see the flowers on this spirea. It's going to be beautiful in the next 24 hours!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The width of the green brick under these windows is 7 feet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The space between the windows (from edge of green brick to edge of green brick) is 13 feet.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The width of the green bricks under this window is 9' 3".

The height from the ground to the bottom of the green brick under the window is 34".

The height of the porch is 16".

And see that lone dirt smudge to the right of the window about halfway between the ground and the bottom of the window? Those are squirrel tracks. The squirrels climb the brick to traverse the window ledge and jump onto the squirrel-proof bird feeder you can barely see hanging in front of the window. #&%$ squirrels!

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

Good luck and have fun... I look forward to after photos.

Laurie said...

I can't wait to see the "after" pics. I know you'll take so much pleasure in just sitting back and drinking in the view! THANK YOU for telling about the squirrel tracks. They are cunning and greedy, but deserve respect for their acrobatics and sheer determination... xoxox

Meg said...

Have I got the advice for you!!! Visit me and see my recent post about a landscape look. You'll feel so much better.

Good luck with your project (and your mother)!

Angela said...

Tara & Laurie: We're busily digging & planting. I can hardly wait to take the "after" pictures!

Meg: Your story is f-u-n-n-y!