Monday, February 18, 2008

What's In A Name?

"Whah du-wing?" (What are you doing?) Hannah asked me.

"I'm getting ready to help your sister with her music paper," I answered and paused. "Who is your sister?"

"Ummm, name Tatie," (um, her name is Katie).

"Who is your other sister?" I prompted.

"Name Hayey" (name Hailey), Hannah answered without hesitation.

"Who's your daddy?" I asked without music, though in my mind I was singing What's your name? What's your name? Who's your daddy? Who's your daddy? from the song Time of the Season.

Hannah answered, "Name Pop Cah" (name Papa Carl.) So far so good.

"What's my name?" I asked next.

Hannah looked puzzled. "Yoh name?" she asked.

"Yes. What's my name?"

"Ummm. Name mom." (no translation needed.)

Hailey piped in, "Her name is Angela."

"Oh," Hannah paused, thought a moment, then phoneticized my name in a way I never imagined. "Name Jajagoo." (no translation attempted.)

I don't think I'll be posting that in Hannah's speech therapy journal.

2 comments:

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Did you know that is the new line of "Goobers" coming out...

The Ja-Ja Goos!!!!!

Love ya,
Sher

Angela said...

LAUGHING OUT LOUD! You're so witty!!! You made my day!

Ang