Saturday, November 3, 2007

Selfish Prayer Request for ME

The needle weenie has returned. It's that time again: time for my Humira injection. Tonight. In the next couple of hours. For those who are religiously offended, I apologize in advance for telling you that I have had a little Sake (pronounced sah-kee. Japanese heated rice wine. Yum...to me. Yuck to the majority of Americans).

For those who subscribe to the Labette Avenue, turn to page 14 of the latest edition. Are you there yet? Do you see the large ad for the "Community Flu Shot Clinics"? I can only ask...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!???

For those who do not have access to this publication, allow me to describe it. The title reads Community Flu Shot Clinics and pictures a pair of hands holding a syringe with a 2-inch needle. TWO INCHES! Any courageous thoughts I imagined of getting a flu shot have now vanished. I'm barely white-knuckling it through this evening.

So, please pray for me as you read this blog. If you read it after November 3, pray anyways. God does not exist in time, and I believe that prayers are therefore unlimited by time. How's that for deep thought...with a little Sake.

No comments: