Monday, November 19, 2007

A Google Surprise

I had grand ideas when I started this blog. I primarily intended to compile stories from my life and the lives of my children, mainly for my children. However, I also secretly hoped in the back of my consciousness that maybe someone, somewhere who was struggling with rheumatoid arthritis or who was dealing with the daily ins and outs of a child with Dandy-Walker would stumble upon my blog and be encouraged. I had visions that someone would google "rheumatoid arthritis," find my blog, and feel less alienated. Or someone else might type in "Dandy-Walker" and see him- or herself on my page.

What is her point? You're probably asking. First of all, I'm not sure what it takes to be "Google-worthy" when it comes to a common entry like "rheumatoid arthritis." Whatever it is, I don't have it, and shouldn't given my blog is in it's infancy. Though, "Dandy-Walker Alliance" is new enough that this blog shows up on the second or third page.

My second and main point is this: Sitemeter has a nifty feature that allows me to see the words, if any, that people have Googled to get to my site. Gone are any delusions of grandeur that I even THOUGHT of having. Only a handful of people have googled their way onto my blog, and here is what they have entered:


podunk kansas


keaton tumor (I googled that myself...I'm not sure what they were looking for)



doctors are human beings



humira more:for_patients injection (do people really enter that many words?)



AND BY FAR THE MOST ENTERTAINING...



butt clap (I don't even want to know)


For now, I'll continue blogging because I truly take pleasure in it, because I enjoy accumulating anecdotes from my otherwise mundane days, and because it is something I can do regardless of how my body has decided to operate...or not operate, depending on the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please keep blogging!!! I love reading it everyday! Although I don't have rheumatoid arthritis or have any children or relation with Dandy-Walker, you are still an inspiration to me and my family. I hope that my children will grow into well-behaved and respected individuals as your children are!!

Tonya
(living in Nebraska now-formerly from Kansas)

Angela said...

"Well-behaved & respected"? Have you been reading all of my posts??? Seriously, thank you for the encouragement. BTW--do you own the house that I can see from my front window?
Happy Holidays!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is me!

Tonya