Monday, October 22, 2007

I Want a Wife

This is my second post this morning. The first one balances this one out a little...I hope.

The title says it all: I WANT A WIFE! I want someone who loves and cares for my children as much as I do, feeds them nutritious meals at set times of the day and helps them with their homework. I'd like someone to pack my lunch, change the toilet paper roll and notice that it's time to schedule another dentist appointment, doctor appointment and hair appointment, then actually schedule them and write them on the calendar. After that, she could get started on the eleven loads of laundry that accumulated over the weekend and check the pantry before she goes grocery shopping.

My wife could taxi the kids to school, girl scouts and piano lessons and pick up twelve messes before hubby returns home to ask why mess number thirteen is all over the kitchen floor. This evening she could cook supper while simultaneously answering two separate homework questions and deciphering Hannah's unintelligible sentence that MUST be acknowledged to avoid total meltdown. After supper she would ensure that everyone had clean clothes and bodies, did their reading and went to bed at the actual bedtime. Really, I want a wife.

Come to think of it, Carl probably wants a wife, too. Hee hee.

No comments: