Thursday, July 2, 2009

Who's The Boss?

I'm warning you up front that this brief entry is Rated R. Don't read on if you're easily offended...but it's not that bad.

In one of the first scenes in the movie Bobby, which Carl and I are watching, one cute, 1960s hotel switchboard operator asks another if she wants to go to the party that evening.

"I didn't think employees were allowed to go to the party," was the response. Or something like that.

Cute switchboard operator replies, "Screwing the boss has its advantages." Giggle giggle.

I turned to Carl and said, "I've been screwin' the boss and I'm not seeing any advantages." Keep in mind, we're self-employed.

Carl waited a beat and said, "I thought I was screwin' the boss."

Touché.

1 comment:

Sande said...

I noticed that no one commented on your hot potato. So I'll just have to be brave and admit, it made me smile.

We also are self employed. I like that we can live a real life, a life of substance without having to manipulate.

So I smile because I'm free, well freer, of self medicating and can mock old perspectives which don't have a hold on me anymore.... even the boss one :}