Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Mother's Death Day





Posted by Picasa
For Mother's Day this year we travelled to Wichita to pick up the ski boat we purchased from Carl's sister. I was a little disappointed to be spending "my" day on the road (though I was the one who suggested it), but my disappointment became surprised joy when I realized Katie and Hailey had made Mother's Day cards and presents for me and brought them along just to make the day special.

My "surprised joy" transformed to hilarity when I read my card from Hailey:







For the record, I have never said or even hinted that I wanted to kill myself. Where the heck did that come from???

Then when I got to the end of my card, I began to wonder if Hailey had some diabolical scheme in place to send me to my eternal reward...







Posted by Picasa



I recalled this post (you can click on the words "this post," though you can't tell with a dark background) and began to see a pattern. Am I safe in my own house? Do I have a couple of Menendez brothers (sisters) in the making? I'm repeating here for the record: If I die under mysterious circumstances...

I think I'll go cancel my life insurance policy.

5 comments:

Tara R. said...

I like the hidden message too... 'mother who rocks!' Couple cool kids youve got there.

liz said...

What is they say, "out of the mouth of babes" I glad that you realize what a great bunch of girls you have! But I'll still keep watching for more Menendez brother signs, just in case.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Remember the other day when I told you how special your girls are? See, I knew how lucky you are. Everybody should have this kind of relationship with there kids but sometimes it doesn't work out. Bless you and your family. Bob.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Angela... that's so funny! You have the best girls. I guess it brings new meaning to the words, "it's the thought that counts!" although, that could mean it's premeditated.... haha :)

my mom and i were both rolling on the floor dying when we read this... i think i got you a new reader :)

keep the faith,

caleb

Laurie said...

What IS that red thing under the rainbow in your afterlife? could it be.......
SATAN?
Laurie