Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Irongirl Silliness

This past Friday I picked up Katie, Hailey and Jenna (Sheri's fifth grade daughter) from school and waited in Sheri's driveway until she finished work. Hannah and Carl stayed home. As soon as Sheri returned home she changed her clothes and carried her shoes to jump into the Tahoe so we could race to a 4:00 movie in Parsons.

We bought our tickets, popcorn and colas just in time to find a seat and watch the last preview before Ironman began. I enjoy any kind of movie except stupid comedy like Dumb and Dumber or Drillbit Taylor (I had to look up those titles online because I am so unfamiliar with the movie genre); however, at two hours and twenty minutes in length I was concerned that Ironman would plod along and bore me with too much shoot-em-up-bang-bang and too little plot. Not to mention I questioned how Robert Downy Jr. could look the part of a superhero after abusing his body with drugs for decades.

I liked it! Only one scene prompted the girls to ask, "Should we close our eyes, Mom?" I answered yes, though the "damage" had already been done. The plot moved quickly and some one-liners that made me laugh went over the girls' heads (thank God). Afterwards we asked the girls if they would be interested in pursing robotics. "You could all be Irongirls!" we suggested, though I think we were more interested in the idea than they were.

After a fun girls day out we all went home. Sheri e-mailed some high school friends whose friendships she has recently rekindled, telling them that Ironman was worth seeing, even going so far as to suggest that the computer friend should make her an Irongirl suit in the computer lab. What do you think?

What I really want to know is: what are those two brown things sticking out of her head?

It's been suggested that I not post this picture. The Chinese government could use it against us. Or would it be Korea? Seems I can't keep track of all of our enemies. In any event, we could all be in danger.

The last names of the trio e-mailing each other about the movie are Goodnight, Power and Black. Goodnight is straight out of a James Bond movie and Black and Power fit right in. You guys are cracking me up!

This is my silliness for the day. After the f-u-l-l weekend, I'm enjoying some down time.

7 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I am the computer friend, Mr. Power, AKA Mr. Salt Panns, Irongirl's faithful sidekick and assistant that designed the super suit. The brown things sticking out of her head are ponytails. She might be a superhero, but she still needs to be somewhat girly.

Angela said...

AAAhhh, the elusive MSP. The riddle is solved--a very Irongirly indeed!

Angela said...

Hey MSP, I think I've seen you before. Frankly, I thought you were just "another schmuck in the background wanting an autograph." Heh heh.

Jeffrey said...

WOOHOO!!!! I was noticed by someone. My life is complete. I always knew I was a someone. Don't tell my secret. It would put Irongirl in mortal danger. ;-)

Just Do It Posterchild said...

Hey,
the truth is.....

I am IRONGIRL!!!!!

And thanks for plastering our secret plans all over the internet!!!! Now Mr. Salt Panns is going to have his hands full trying to keep me safe!!

You two need to keep the chatter down, to avert world disorder and disharmony!!!

Love ya,
"I"

As told by her mom, Sandy... said...

Very cute!

Your landscaping looks very nice. I am jealous considering how mine looks terrible!

Angela said...

Sandy-
Sorry! I'm a little late in responding to this comment. Thanks! I'm loving my new landscape and hoping I don't kill it all in the first year!