Thursday, April 3, 2008

K-State Creativity

The PTO is raffling baskets this Friday and assigned a theme to each class, giving Hailey's class "K-State." I purchased a couple of K-State beach towels from Amazon, but Hailey wanted to add a personal touch. She designed and embroidered this tea towel.




The creativity gene skipped a generation between Grandma Janis and Hailey. I'm glad to see it wasn't lost altogether.

With KU in the NCAA final four, it's too bad we didn't have a KU basket. No finger-pointing here, though. I attended the PTO meeting at which the chose the basket themes and didn't think of it myself. You know what they say about hindsight.

2 comments:

Tara R. said...

Nice job Hailey! Yeah, that artistic gene skipped me too... =)

Laurie said...

OK, I LOVE that she both HAD the idea and followed through. Having BOTH of those qualities will get her far in life.