Sunday, February 24, 2008

Prayers for Hannah's Classmate

Today I learned that one of Hannah Savannah's little five-year-old classmates, Katherine, was shot in the temple while she played in her yard. (update: her yard is in a rural setting...or adjacent to a rural setting). Yes, you read that correctly. She, along with her six siblings and her mommy, were visiting her daddy in the Kansas City area where he had moved earlier in the school year as a result of an excellent job offer. Mommy and family planned to join daddy at the end of the school year.

Katherine has been life-flighted to a KC children's hospital and the prognosis is not good, but prayer is powerful. Please pray for a miracle.

Hannah's class is small, but I only know three of her classmates on appearance and this sweet girl is one of them. She has a brother in both Katie's & Hailey's classes and they are exceptional students. Katherine is a "model" student, placed in Hannah's class to "model" good behavior to the Hannahs of the class (and, no, I don't mean that as a slam to my Hannah).

When did I become so emotional? I can't concentrate on anything and feel compelled only to pray pray pray for this fragile child. My own emotions are torn--torn between grief at something so senseless; to gratitude for my own babies sleeping safely in their beds; to guilt for feeling the gratitude.

Jesus...help.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Horrendous. Absolutely appalling - you have EVERY right to be horrified. I too am extremely disturbed by this.

Anonymous said...

It pisses me off that this has to happen at all in our society. When an innocent 5 year old has to pay for it, it sickens me. My thoughts are with her. I can't even imagine what her family is going through. It rips my heart out just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness . . . .

I just can't imagine.

Angela said...

Thanks everyone. We live in a small (pop. 2000) town, though the accident did not occur here, and we are all reeling. Prayers are appreciated.
Thank you again...I'm barely coherent,
Angela

Dapoppins said...

Don't feel guilty.
Do pray.


I will too.

Tara R. said...

That is terrible... my prayers are with her and her family.

lattemommy said...

So terrifying! I hope and pray that the poor little girl will be ok. And that her little classmates will be able to understand and cope with what has happened as best they can at 5 years old.

Anonymous said...

how horrible! i'm so sorry that the family and the community is going through this ... it's a horrible event and a horrible feeling. :(