Friday, February 1, 2008

Improvements in Wienerdom

I posted my Blues Busters intentions earlier this week, suspicious of my own accountability. After all, I'd come up with some good ideas, right? I'd shown that I knew the right thing to do. Right?

I've recently had a revelation about myself, about which I've already posted, but will repeat: I feel a sense of accomplishment and completion from learning and knowing, from my ability to find information and to share it with others. Therein I have helped someone. Call me Mother Teresa. Disseminating ideas doesn't heal my hip or alleviate insomnia, though. Therein lies the rub. (Does anyone know where that quote originated?)

This time, though, I've pushed past propagation and through to performance. For three whole days! For three days I have arm cycled for thirty minutes! I've taken my Omega-3s two days (forgot yesterday), and purchased spring bulbs to enjoy since Tuesday. Oops--I forgot my happy light, though I took in some real rays before this nasty weather hit.

Results? Even after only three days, I feel improvement! I'm sincerely surprised. Because I couldn't arm cycle rapidly enough yet to raise my heart rate without causing pain to my elbow joints, I didn't expect much. I expected wrong. My mood is slightly elevated. Nothing drastic, but considering this is the "time" when I'm typically ripping off heads and struggling not to behave maniacally, I'll take it.

Added bonus: SLEEP! I've slept seven straight hours, then even fallen back to sleep for two more at one point. Hallelujah! I almost feel (gasp) refreshed in the morning. Almost. Let's not get carried away, here.

Compared to other BlogHer Health blogs in which women are training for triathlons or expressing their desire to be on American Gladiator, I'm a wiener...but I'm an improving wiener!

And today is FEBRUARY! (jig dancing here)

No comments: